Thursday, June 5, 2008

Integration



"My fullest concentration of energy is available to me only when I integrate all the parts of who I am, openly, allowing power from particular sources of my living to flow back and forth freely through all my different selves, without the restrictions of externally imposed definition."
Audre Lorde Age, Race, Class and Sex: Women Redefining Difference

For me, "Trav'lin Home" is a metaphorical and literal journey. Producing this show was the first time I felt all of the different aspects of my identity come together into full integration. All of my life I have wondered "what am I going to be when I grow up?" I finally discovered it on May 31st, 2008.

I AM
woman
mother
dancer
director
leader
entertainer
ideas
tears
flowers
stamina
music
visions
faith
trust
beauty
laughs
light
daughter
friend
sister
teacher
activist
community

No comments: